Monday, July 13, 2009

Amaya Lei Smith



On July 3,2009 at 4:09 pm we welcomed our sweet little girl into this world! 7lbs.14 oz 19 inches. Starting at 5am that morning my water broke! what a crazy feeling that was!!! We took our time eating breakfast,and made our way to the hospital, when we got there I was hooked up to all the machines, started the IV for my epidural, which I was completely terrified of!! Come to find out it is not bad at all, actually quit pleasant, so much that I was actually laughing during contractions! everything seemed to be progressing so smoothly, I dilated so quickly, and was able to start pushing, Well after 31/2 hours of pushing, baby was not going anywhere!!! so doctor recommended a c-section,which I also was terrified of! Well my worst fears came true! They started prepping me for the c-section, and gave me some more drugs,well the drugs did not work all that much cause when they ask can you feel that? umm yes I can feel that, get your hands off of me!!! The anesthesiologist was there telling me you just let me know when you can't handle it any more and i will put you down, but for the babies sake they didn't want to, so as I am feeling most of what is going on down there, the worst part was hearing the doctors screaming and grunting trying to get my baby out!! She was so lodged in my pelvis that doctor number 1 couldn't even get her out, so doctor number 2 had to reach in and get her, as soon as they cut babies umbilical cord they put me out hoping that i would forget most of it! But I will never forget the fear in the doctors voices that day! it will haunt me for ever! Due to such a traumatic labor and delivery me and baby where pretty beat up! especially my little Amaya, she had a black eye, bruises over her entire body, and worst of all a fractured scull! So we met with a neurologist yesterday, got a CT scan, and NOW I can say that my baby is going to be fine!!!!! Doc says that it should heal fine! the worst she could have is a huge bump on her head, no brain damage! As long as she is ok that is fine with me!!

We have been so blessed this pass week with our little miracle! we have felt everybody's love and prayers during this time. We are so lucky to have such AMAZING family, friends and doctors, I can't thank everybody enough!


Mommy and baby uniting for the first time after 8 hours!





Daddy's first diaper change ever, in 31 years to the day!!










16 comments:

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Oh Kelsie - she's so beautiful!! What a darling little face. Congratulations!

I'm so sorry to hear the labor experience was so traumatic. I'm glad you and Amaya are doing okay. Wow, what mommies won't do for their little ones to get them here.

I'm so happy for you guys. She's precious! :)

Lewis Family said...

congrats! im so happy to hear that she is ok! im so excited for you to be a mom! its so great. She is darling... and they only get cuter!

Laura said...

She's so beautiful, Kels!
I can't believe your labor was that bad. How scary that you could feel what was going on! I'm glad you are both doing well though! I'm excited to meet her sometime!

Jill & Seth said...

She is so adorable as I knew she would be. You were about the cutest little prego person ever! A big congrats!!

Mann's said...

I have been waiting to see pictures...She is darling! I am so glad that you are all doing ok now.

Let me know if you need anything. I am so happy to help!

Marci Jolley said...

I love her!!! She is so pretty. I can not wait to see her in real life.

I am sorry that the delivery was so crazy. I bet that was scary!!! I am glad that everything turned out ok that you guys are both doing good.

KAT said...

Oh Tels..I am sooo sorry that you & little sweet Amaya had to go through ALL of that!! I am so glad that the 2 of you are doing well!! She is the cutest little thing..I just want to kiss those little cheekies of hers!! You are so strong Tels...I couldn't imagine having to go through such a tramatic thing!! I love you & I can't wait too see you and Amaya!! Let me know if u need anything!! XOXOXO

Allie said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYY! Oh she's beautiful! I'm sorry it was so traumatic, that's horrible! But she was so worth it

Lindsey, Nate, and Collin said...

Kels-

Your baby is so adorable. When you are feeling up to it you need to come see me at The Veranda so I can hold her. Hey and we still need to go to gardener's village. Maybe after you start getting some sleep ! :) congrats linds

Jenice said...

Kelsie- I just heard the great news from your mom to mine. Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby girl and a beautiful name. She's absolutely adorable. I'm so glad all is well despite the difficult birth experience. I'm so happy for you and Cody. Please send me your email so we can keep in touch. Love, Jenice P.S. I'm due in 3 weeks!!! jeniceheaton@gmail.com

Amber Lynn said...

OH KELS!!!! I heard from Tauni all the hardship it was to get dear sweet Amaya here.. I truly with all my heart hope that everything keeps getting better fom here on out!! Oh but kelsie, she is adorable! what a sweet lil angle! You can only look forward now and imagin all the fun and memories you have in store for you and hubby! Im so excited for your cute lil famly to grow! Love ya

Unknown said...

Oh my heavens Kels! What a scary delivery story!! I'm so glad it all turned out ok for both of you. She is absolutely beautiful!! She looks a lot like her mommy. And I'm so proud of Cody changing diapers already! We are so happy for you guys. Congratulations!!!!!!

The Gardners said...

Kelsie,

She is so adorable! What a crazy labor, Oh my Gosh, It sounds so scary. I'm so glad all is well. I can't wait to see more pictures of the little cutie.

I just switched my blog to private. email me and I'll send you an invite. aliciagardner22@gmail.com

Jen Grimshaw said...

She is beautiful kels. How exciting!! I need to see this little babe!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Hey Kelsie - any new pictures to share?? I'm sure you're super busy but I've been dying to see how she's grown.

We're loving Seattle...but I wish I could fly back and have you do my hair. :)

Hope you're doing well!

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/daftar-situs-komik-online-bahasa-indonesia/